Notes my experience as a new father

Saturday, October 23, 2004

3 months old today!

He's turning into such a little boy, it's quite amazing to watch him develop. 12 pounds now, 24 inches tall, eyes are still blue, hair is still there, a little more, kind of brown.

His routine now is to wake up around 6am almost every morning...I'll feed him and change him and put him in the little bouncy seat in the bathroom while I take a shower and then keep him with me while I get dressed and make breakfast, giving Renée a little more sleep time because she took the night feedings, of which there are usually now just one. After she's up, she takes him so I can go to work.

During the day he's much more active and alert between shorter naps (although sometimes he has long hard naps as well). We take him out in the Bjorn which he hated at first but now really likes...he like to look around and check everything out. His neck is getting much stronger, it's fun to just sit him up and watch him look around. He's starting to swat and grasp at object, but just barely...still doesn't seem to get his hands and how they work, but you can see how his fingers open and close and "play the piano"....it's coming. We have a fun game where I grab his feet when he's on his back and we play kick kick.

Nights he usually has a meltdown around 6 or 7pm, a good hard cry, usually only a few minutes, and then falls fast asleep. He make awaken a few more times, or he's down for the next 6 or 7 or 8 hours. Last night was a new record, he went over 10 hours between feedings, hooray! I fed him at 5:30pm, he went to sleep around 7, and didn't wake up until 4am.

Right now it's a rainy Saturday early afternoon...I just fed him and he's sleeping peacefully on the bed next to Renée, who is readying. A wonderful warm cosy scene.

So we made it to the three month mark, and it's true what they say...it does get easier. Getting more sleep helps so much I can't tell you. And he's getting more and more fun to interact with every day...cooing and laughing and squawking and making all kinds of sounds...and smiling when he sees us...it's really rewarding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home